Image Map

Sunday 26 May 2013

Trampolining

I like to fly through the air. I dive for City of Leeds Diving Club and enjoy that a lot. But I don't have a diving pool at home, instead, I have two trampolines which I LOVE especially on sunny days. I also trampoline for Leeds but diving has sort of taken over for a little while, so unfortunately I don't go to training as often as I should...

But at home I'm on the trampoline at least once a day (unless it rains...) practising tricks, hanging out with friends, making up dances with my sister, and, it's a very warm and sunny spot for a bit of sunbathing.

It's a great way to stay fit, it really does strengthen your abs as you bounce and flip and twist.

Most adults when they see me doing all these "scary" tricks flinch and close there eyes as they're petrified I'll fall off or land on my head. I can see where they're coming from really, I haven't got a net on my trampoline which makes it quite easy to fly off.

But I think having a net on a trampoline would make my trampolining more dangerous. Why? Because imagine I'm doing a backflip, catch my foot on the netting, get stuck and land on my face. Ouch.

There have been times where I've hurt myself. Double backflipping onto my head resulting in hospital appointments and ostiopath visits. Busting my lip REALLY bad after backflipping off of the metal railings of the trampoline on to the grass. Need I go on?

Does this phase me? The answer is no because I love the feeling of trying something new and accomplishing it even if it does result in me landing on my face the first time I do it.

This is the same  for all things. Just because you did something rubbish or hurt yourself the first time, don't let that stop you from keeping at it and try, trying again. You never know it could be amazing!

Let me know in the comments...
Do you have a trampoline? If so, what tricks can you do? Did you enjoy reading this post? Have you ever tried diving?

Cheerio! Milly x


No comments:

Post a Comment